Saturday, December 5, 2020

beauty of its weathered texture

                                                   
                                                                                                                                  Author: anon
Image: The strength of old age (here)

old windows and old doors on old buildings
ubiquitously holding out tenaciously bidding
it's oak of old, sturdy strong materials being
replaced by new flimsy panels now seeing
but the beauty of its weathered texture 

much as the maturity of old citizens who 
braved out the debilitating forces of nature
to stake a claim of the privileged few 
under testing conditions to adequately prosper

such is the tenacity of the old and the aged
physically frail in a seemingly weakened frame
but strong in mind who surprisingly managed
to survive with their self-respect maintained
 
Carrie's at Sunday Muse #137

8 comments:

  1. I love the strong and beautiful metaphor here! There is a wisdom in age that can be attained no other way. This is so lovely Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful poem Hank. Yhere is wisdom in age albeit it buildings or humans.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're tough and sharp on the inside where it counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old materials show strength in the wearing. Wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an aged person, I simply adore this wonderful poetic acknowledgement. Cheers, Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good, Hank. I'm old too though I'm often told I don't look my age. Generally my friends, male and female, are younger than I. My frame does have a little metal fatigue, though.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old houses hold so many stories. I would love to hear them all.

    ReplyDelete