Thursday, July 16, 2020

Why can't they leave me alone!

                                                                                                   Author: Bathanka
Image: Don't disturb me! (here)

It is such a relief
You are not to belief
Out of the strict confines
All of nine months
Now I am so free
No more in the tummy
Floating in the bag
Was just a drag

No, not again!
Here she comes smiling

"Oh, such a lovely baby!"
Smooching all over me
I hate it! My granny!

Sometimes she brings a whole group
Surrounding looking down on me
I just cannot stomach the torture
Toothy grins and grandpa proudly
Making endless announcements
Smelling of beer

Why can't they leave me alone!

Grace at d'Verse : first-person narrative

10 comments:

  1. Ha. Yeah i might have a hard time. With that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that baby's voice, smiles. A baby is made for cuddling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this poem is so cute (and the baby too of course!) Very adorable and such a perfect perspective of what a baby would think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaHa... Wouldn't we love to know what we were thinking when we fresh out of the womb!!?? Well done.
    Dwight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hear the joy a new baby brings. Congratulations, Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Hank, a new baby is wonderful news.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even at birth children have their own personalities and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and that's probably very true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recall thinking "why can't they leave me alone" when my little one's were babies, especially during the colic, oh well I guess we are all always thinking the same things. dunno. :)
    this was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If that's the worst that happens to the tiny tyke, they are blessed. Never looked at it this way before. Thank you for the fresh perspective, Hank.

    ReplyDelete