Tuesday, December 24, 2019

it would curl up at my feet

                                                                                Attribution: Toril Fisher
Image: Cudly Lamby (here)

the 10 of 12 given words:
curl cheer giving glow blush 
twinkle shine blow open score 

we had been together
for as long as I could remember
it would curl up at my feet
to cheer me to sleep
giving me that glow of presence
without as much a blush with all confidence
with a twinkle in the eye
to lull me without a sigh

but it had lately caused some concern
the shine now not quite apparent
what a blow to my conscience
and it is very much in the open
and there is no attempt to disguise its feelings
it may perhaps wish to score a bidding

what did I do wrong
when did it start to happen
the pitfalls of having a non-human
not talking back but imbued with emotions

Margaret's at Real Toad's  - artistic interpretations
MLMM's Sunday Whirl Wordle 435

8 comments:

  1. Dogs are supposed to love the owner always, even through mistreatment. Yours must have had a personality change?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given words used exceleently Hank.
    Happy Christmas.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes anyone or thing can change on a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is true that some comfort items attach themselves to us on an emotional level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing take on both challenges ~~~ Happy 2020 Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe he just got old and tired and felt a bit crabby. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete