Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Often seen as green wraps for sushi fills

                                                                                         Attribution: Douglas Perkins
Image:  A wakame and lettuce salad 
with seaweed, beans, and tomatoes (here)

Wakame seaweed salad very unassuming
Healthy simple Japanese specialty meals
Seaweed most user-friendly for exotic dining
Often seen as green wraps for sushi fills


New easy to carry package is now available
Simply add water and wait for five minutes
Simple richness of Seaweed Salad on the table
With sesame soy dressing to make it exquisite

For Marian's the Tuesday Platform 
at Real Toads

16 comments:

  1. Cooking and eating is a fun with this poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm, I want this for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wakame... though I thought it was nori you used to wrap sushi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Bjorn, nori in Japan, zicai in China, and gim in Korea (sheets of the dried red alga Porphyra) are used in soups or to wrap sushi - wiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll have to pass, doesn't sound appetizing to my little rhyming umm bum lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never eaten seaweed. So I don't know. I have a feeling it is like collard greens here. It is an acquired taste. Collards have a strong flavor and you usually have to grow up eating it to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! This funny reminder of how fresh food (and I do enjoy sushi wraps) is taken and stuffed into small packages for our "on-the-go" lifestyles -- easy to carry but easy to stomach? You decide! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not have the palate for seaweed, I'm afraid.
    However, your poem did make me smile - it is quite the advertisement for a meal on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. life is so much simpler, just now at the choices opened through new gateways
    thanks for a fun write today Happy Tuesday, im glad you dropped by my blog

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thanks, Hank. Am glad they are making it easier for us to access. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great talents Hank. Food and poetry. Well written.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...it might be healthy but ....

    ReplyDelete