Friday, September 4, 2026

A Second Love

                                                                                   
Author: Hank's
Image: A Younger Hank during 
Competition A Long time Ago

Can’t  make out what’s happening
Running helter-skelter round and round

Why all these buzzing, swooping and swirling
A bee hive smoked out is not as bad

Head spinning wildly the world is moving
No! a merry-go-round has taken over my being
Spinning faster and faster….

Change of stance is apparent
Physically it’s all confusion
A physical would be a revelation

Doc, help me!

You have a headache?
Did you throw up?

Doc, I feel so weak!
I’m all cob-webs!
My mind’s blank

This happened before?
Once before…it was normally two rounds
But I did four yesterday
That’s what happened also before 

The physical is now done!

Nothing’s wrong with you my man!
It’s just exhaustion
From now on just the normal two rounds
Not more than that...

At your age, golf is meant to be enjoyed!


Rommy's at PSU Friday Writings #243: By the Numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment