Monday, June 12, 2023

A Treasured Memory

                                                      
                                                                              Author: Hank
Image: Hank's own soft pastel sketch 
on an A4 size dark drawing paper

a treasured present 
received long ago
a box of water colours

it signaled a change

appreciation rekindled
from lines and shadows
of depths and perspectives
into images transformed
of complex measures later
in hues of oils acrylics 
and pastels

created colours of life's beauty
(44 words)

Lillian at d'Verse  - Quadrille : come-imbibe-with-me-today/

15 comments:

  1. That’s the sort of present I love, a box of paints, a book, a poem. A delightful quadrille, Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank — my friend in the words… ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely verse to accompany a lovely sketch! You put to good use a present, Hank. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Hank! Who knew you were an artist with the brush? I knew you were with the pen and words....but this is a wonderful painting you've posted here and the explanation of how a gift brought out this area of creativity in you. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poem and thoughtful gift, Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hank, your sketch is gorgeous! As is your quadrille ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. A box of paints is every piece of art not yet made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG luv your poem and art. Should you wish to blog art. Join my linky every Friday
    Art For Fun Friday

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Auch a great poem Hank, you must be wonderful with the paint btush also.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hank, I remember this piece of artwork. I have been experimenting with water colors basically creating flowers. You are indeed an artist. Miss seeing you around. Keep creating, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous poem, Hank. I am trying to learn how to draw. This art is excellent!

    ReplyDelete