Saturday, November 19, 2022

Trudging in the evening dusk

                                                
                                                                                           Author: anon
Image: Stealthily moving
camouflaged by  the darkness (here)
 
A young maiden
Trudging in the evening dusk
Clinging against hope vying for strength
Her beauty only for him

Gathering storms building up
Bidding for a good omen
A sign of awakening
An offering nonetheless
 
Stealthily moving
Camouflaged by  the darkness
 
Puddles in the cobblestones
Intermittent rain did not deter her
 
She quicken her pace almost running
Stealing glances to her back
 
Why? What was the motive
Leaving  in such a hurry
There must be reasons!

Carrie's at Sunday Muse-#237

11 comments:

  1. Hi Hank, I found this photo compelling. I am glad you wrote to it. A wonderful read or this evening. - True...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mystery this poem holds Hank! Always glad to see you at the Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so descriptive and intriguing, Hank!

    ~David

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gives me shivers (and much curiosity)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A reason only she knows I imagine. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You describe the image well, Hank, with a lot of tension and atmosphere! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is intriguing Hank. Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mysterious figure and you build the suspense around it brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Hank ... you kept me hanging ... I wonder what kind of ending awaits her. Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Hank! We picked the same photo, and you saw a woman, and I saw a man. Suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete