Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Water Apples aka Jambu

                                                                                                    Author:Tu7uh
Image:  Succulent and Sweet (here)

crunchy and sweet
blessed fruit of the East
to parched lips
a most welcomed 'feast'

the nature of its beauty 
can be eaten raw in many ways
best plucked direct from the tree
to quench dry lips in the day

better yet cut a small piece
to be dipped in thick soya sauce
a mouth-watering bliss
a mouthful of a kick
with some crushed chilies 
at a midday meal 
and it is always in season

Note: More of above in 
an earlier poem (here)

Mish at d'Verse  Poetics: always in season

19 comments:

  1. What an interesting fruit that I now must try. Your descriptive poem is so mouthwatering and delicious. Dipping in soya sauce sounds intriguing. I love the texture of Asian pears. Wondering if these are similar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I bet this fruit is not just versatile and delicious but I bet it is infused with massive amounts of Vitamin C and potassium. Never had one but now I want to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fruit with which I'm not familiar. With rice, soya sauce and crushed chillies sounds an interesting taste experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to experience the goodness … one day perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hank, this was a delicious poem! Well written my friend… 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fruit here in T&T we call pomerac

    Nice one Hank

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hank, your verse is as delicious as this crunchy fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great verse Hank, sounds like a tasty fruit.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds yummy! don't if we have it in India or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds spicy…I don’t think I have ever had one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the fruit, and it sounds delicious. I have never seen it here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thus was new to me. They look like little clusters of pears. I love that up can be spiced up if desired or just eaten from the tree to quench thirst. Lovely Hank ☺️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must confess that I knew nothing of water apples previous to reading your poem, Hank! This is a lovely way to get educated!

    Yours,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried one, but love what you can dip them in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many fruits i have nevertasted. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The taste you describe is so intriguing .... and with crushed chilies too! Spicy sweet.
    pax,
    dora

    ReplyDelete