Sunday, November 22, 2020

so don't blame me!

                                                                             Author: Justin Dingwall (here)
Image: Now I Know!

where is everybody?
the gate was left open
I gladly walked out
how careless can they be
but where is everybody? 
I thought the grass is greener
over this side

so don't blame me
it is a fattening time for Thanksgiving
is it a turkey or me?

I'm not going to stick 
- my neck out
- to find out
- count me out
- have to chill out
- I have to look out
for her
where is Little Bo-Peep?

Carrie's at Sunday Muse #135

12 comments:

  1. lol ... this is super cuteness; I love the connection to the painting—she makes me think of a flapper

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I thought the grass is greener
    over this side" - great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is charming, Hank! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Hank! Made me smile ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It made me smile, too, Hank. A lonely sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snother outstanding poem Hank. I feel many a day like that onely sheep..... but try to carry on regardless.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone has to look out for Little Bo Peep - The grass isn't always greener. Perhaps, she is fast asleep...smiling

    ReplyDelete
  8. There will be a lot of Thanksgiving tables empty this year while people set this one out, hopefully averting further spread. Thanks for giving us a smile in the midst of it all, Hank! Blessings on you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Bo Peep is needed now in a big way, "is it a turkey or me?"
    This was a fun read, Hank.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That inner sheep-o-logue! It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete