Wednesday, July 10, 2019

listen up, here I am all bound

                                                                                    Attribution: Alexander Technique
Image: Weed Through Pavement (here)

10 of the 12 given words:
listen velvet wrinkles prowl 
doddering (tremble or totter, typically because of old age)
inscrutable (impossible to understand or interpret)
blathering (the action of talking long-windedly)
fifteen daughter alone
junkets (a dish of sweetened and flavoured curds of milk)

listen up, here I am all bound
out of a velvet surface in wrinkled grounds
extending cover from prowling elements
incessantly doddering
through their inscrutable blatherings

are there reasons to believe seeing
a fifteen-year-old daughter
is to be left alone and open to danger
I may be stuck in open space
but my presence is not misplaced
bravely weathering the storm
for young innocents are known
to be open to manipulations
they may fall for even little trinkets
exploited to the fullest with cheap junkets
parents hope and pray for salvation
to court and cover for divine intervention

MMT's Sunday's Whirligig #222
The Sunday Muse for the image - break this week
Marian's at Real Toad's - trinkets

6 comments:

  1. Well penned! I understand the sentiments (though I had sons, not daughters) and I love the clever rhyming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my presence is not misplaced !! Four daughters, two sons. They all need that "presence" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Fall for even little trinkets?
    "Peter Minuit (also spelled 'Minuet')purchased (from the American Indizns) the island of Manhattanfor the equivalent of $24 worth of beads and trinkets." (googke)
    At first I thought a teen would not fall for trinkets but fast I remembered NYC).
    Fun reading, using ten of the words seems hard.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Hank, I had to speak these lines aloud:
    ‘incessantly doddering
    through their inscrutable blatherings’
    Sadly and sometimes dangerously, for young innocents are fond of little trinkets and prone to being exploited with cheap junkets – it’s up to us to help them see those trinkets for what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah... I get this. Just spent the weekend with my young teens at a convention, where probably they would be perfectly safe but I'm really glad they want to hang out with me and allow me to tag along. Lots of trinkets of all kinds, pretty much everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hope that abounds from the photo and your poem Hank! Yes, parents always hold their children close in prayer, worry and in their heart. A wonderful take on the photo!!

    ReplyDelete