Thursday, March 15, 2018

Like the old bachelor days

                                                                                         Author Jeangagnon
Image: Just a Slice (here)

Dear All,
The tummy turning
With a strange sounding pleading
Just  not my being
Famished upon waking up
To the galley for some food

What tough luck waiting
Had totally forgotten
Was the maid's off day
Bread and plain water
Like the old bachelor days

Chevrefeuille's Carpe Diem.-#1390 - the flute weeps
K's at Real Toad's - dear poems

16 comments:

  1. Lol! This is what my son feels when I'm on strike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my poor husband when I don't cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my Old Spinster diet. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recall days like that also Hank.....

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes.. it's always hard when it's the maid's day off :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha when the maid's away one may starve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Hank!! Actually this is the way a lot of single guys do. I still morning snack on peanut butter and soda crackers. Our granddaughter loves them, Mrs. Jim only if her tummy is growling.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha. This has a very international sort of feel to me, really, which makes it especially interesting. Thanks so much for participating, Hank. Hope all well. K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bread and water.... what an ordeal (if just for one day)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! Darn maid should have left you a meal in the frig.

    ReplyDelete