Saturday, April 13, 2019

with ghost-like reflective eyes

                                                                      Attribution - jenny genannt (CC BY-SA 3.0)  
Image: A Lemur (here)

Theme: Animals -  L for Lemur

a primate found only in Madagascar
with ghost-like reflective eyes roaming
coupled with wailing screams from afar
strangely with additional tongue for grooming

done on one another as often done by primates
are strangely found within a matriarchal society
where more control is exercised by females
strangely to source for water on its own ingenuity

eat leaves of fleshy plants to get water it was able
strangely blessed with an intelligence of a higher level

For A to Z Challenge: L
Sherry's at PU's Poetry Pantry #446

12 comments:

  1. Strangely wrote about the same animals.
    Blessings from Geoff in Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one unusual looking animal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemurs are intriguing animals. I enjoyed your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hank,

    Wow, when I saw that photo I thought what could he write to go with that and well you did quite well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strangely works to emphasize the image of the lemur

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cool - and edifying - piece. And Cracky … those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully descriptive and educational. The Lemur is quite different and fascinating. Hope you have a great week Hank and I hope to see you over at the Sunday Muse when ever you get a chance. I know you are busy, I usually cannot make it to Poetry Pantry, I just was blessed with some extra time this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating creatures...and I'll take it as an ode to 'girl power' :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lemurs are fascinating. And I couldn't stop staring at that photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lemurs are such intriguing creatures! That picture is captivating!

    ReplyDelete